Asking to Help a Friend
From Montessori Album
Revision as of 20:15, 28 September 2013 by MontessoriAdmin
|Asking to Help a Friend|
|Practical Life - Grace and Courtesy|
The purpose of this activity is to show the the child how to politely ask another child if they may help the other child with their work.
- Invite the child: "I would like to show you how to ask a friend if you can help."
- Walk to a child who is working independently.
- Gently place your hand on his or her should and wait for them to look at you.
- One they look at you, say, "Excuse me, may I help?"
- If the child says yes, say, "How may I help?"
- Follow the child's directions to help with his or her work.
- Say, "Thank you for letting me help.", before you stand carefully and walk away.