Constructive Triangles - Rectangular Box
|Constructive Triangles - Rectangular Box|
|Sensorial - Visual Discrimination of Form|
|Prerequisites||Geometric Cabinet |
Constructive Triangles - Triangular Box
Use of this material makes the child aware that all polygons can be made with triangles. This activity prepares the child for geometry.
- Invite the child to the lesson. Name the work and show them where it is on the shelf.
- Unroll a large mat (or put two smaller mats side by side).
- Take the box of triangles to the mat.
- Lay the triangles so that the ones that go together are in columns.
- Slide down the bottom triangle for the first shape.
- Trace over the black line on it with your index and middle fingers.
- Trace the black line on the corresponding triangle.
- Slide down the second triangle so the black lines meet.
- Do the same with the other shapes.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
Make Your Own
Printable Constructive Triangles available from Livable Learning.
Where to Buy
All 5 Constructive Triangle Boxes
Adena $41.39 (only 3 constructive triangle boxes)
Best Montessori Toys $50.48
Creative Learning $79.95
E & O $290.00
Hello Wood $289.00
Juliana Group $470.40
Kid Advance $69.99
Montessori Land $99.00
Montessori N' Such $185.00
Montessori Outlet $72.95
Meroco Montessori $23 (Constructive Triangles In Five Boxes)