Division Finger Chart
|Division Finger Chart|
|Math - Memory Work|
|Age||5 - 6.5|
|Materials|| division finger chart|
division problem slips
This activity helps the child with memorization of division facts.
A printable version of the chart is available below in the Make Your Own section.
- Take the material to a mat or large table. Lay out as shown. (If the child is left-handed, put the paper on the left instead.)
- Draw a problem slip.
- Copy the problem to the paper.
- Place your right finger on the blue number along the top that corresponds to the first number in the problem. Place your left finger on the number along the side that corresponds to the second number in the problem.
- Slide the right finger down to the same row as the left finger.
- Slide the left finger over to meet the right. The number on this square is the answer.
- Record the answer on the paper.
- Repeat the process with other problems.
- The child can check their own answers with the Division Control Chart.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
Make Your Own
|Division Finger Chart||Division Problem Slips||Division Control Chart (print on legal sized paper)|
Where to Buy
Sold in sets with all 3, or just 2 charts.
Adena $30.90 (all 3)
Affordable Montessori $39.00 (2 charts, framed)
Albanesi $133.00 (2 charts)
Alison's $7.50 (control chart only)
Alison's $45.00 (2 charts, framed)
Bruins $62.00 (all 3)
Cabdev $83.00 (all 3)
Cabdev $50.00 (2 charts, framed)
Creative Learning $35.95 (all 3)
E & O $78.00 (2 charts)
Grandpas $21.00 (2 charts)
Juliana $127.40 (2 charts)
Kid Advance $38.69 (2 charts, framed)
Montessori Outlet $27.95 (all 3)
Nienhuis $72.20 (all 3)
Thinkamajigs $109.95 (AMI)