Individual Continent Puzzle Map
From Montessori Album
|Individual Continent Puzzle Map|
|Social Studies - Geography|
|Prerequisites||World Puzzle Map|
|Materials||Continent Puzzle Map|
This material teaches the child about the continents and the countries that make up each one.
The first of these puzzles the child does should be the one of his own continent.
- Take the puzzle map to a mat. Place it to the left. (Two mats may be needed depending on size.)
- Take the control map to the mat. Place it to the right.
- Remove the pieces one at a time from the puzzle and place them on the corresponding spot on the control mat.
- Continue until all of the pieces have been place on the control mat.
- After all of the pieces have been removed, carefully replace them back in the puzzle.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
Replacement Knobs 10 for $0.95
Where to Buy
- Basic Montessori: Learning Activities for Under-fives by David Gettman, pages 190-194