Money Exchange Game
From Montessori Album
|Math - Money|
|Materials||several of each type of coin |
four bowls or boxes
In this game the child rolls dice to see how many pennies they get. Smaller value coins are traded for larger value coins. The first person to get the dollar wins.
- Take the material to a mat or table.
- Next step
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
- Could be done just up to a quarter for younger children.
- Could be done with coins of other countries.
- You will need about this many of each coin for ever person playing:
- 5 pennies
- 2 nickles
- 3 dimes
- 4 quarters
- Real money is nicest to use, but you could substitute good plastic coins for this work if in a classroom setting.