Multiplication With the Stamp Game
|Multiplication With the Stamp Game|
|Math - Arithmetical Operations|
|Prerequisites||Addition With the Stamp Game|
|Materials||Stamp Game set |
math problem paper
divider (string, stick, or ruler)
This activity teaches the child to do multiplication at a higher level of abstraction than with the Golden Beads.
- Take the materials to a table. (A very smooth mat might also be acceptable.)
- Select a problem and write it on the paper. In this case: 2432 × 4
- Lay out the number four times, moving the divider down each time.
- Slide the stamps in each column together.
- Then count and record the units (exchanging if needed).
- Count the tens (exchanging for a hundred if needed.)
- Record the tens left on the paper.
- Then count and record the hundreds (exchanging if needed).
- Then count and record the thousands (exchanging if needed).
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
Make Your Own
|Stamp Game tiles in color||Stamp Game tiles in black and white||Math Problem Paper|
Where to Buy
Absorbent Montessori $47.00
Affordable Montessori $29.00
E & O $48.00
ETC Montessori $89.00
Juliana Group $117.18
Jump Start $14.24
Material Company of Boston $78.00
Montessori Concepts $22.00
Montessori N' Such $50.00
Montessori Outlet $26.95
Montessori Stores $98.00
merocomontessori $30.1 (Stamp Game With box)