From Montessori Album
|Sensorial - Sense of Temperature|
|Age||3 - 5|
|Prerequisites||Touch Boards |
|Materials||set of thermic tablets|
This activity helps the child develop their sense of temperature.
- Carry the material to a mat or table. Set the box in the upper right corner of the work-space.
- Remove the tablets from the box one at a time in mixed up order. Place them in a stack in the center of the work-space.
- The child can put on a blindfold at this point or close their eyes.
- Take the tablet from the top of the stack and touch it to your cheek to feel how warm it is.
- Set the first tablet below the stack.
- Select the next thermic tablet from the stack and hold it your other cheek to compare the two.
- If the second one does not match, set it to the right side of the stack.
- When a match is found, place the pair in the upper left corner of the work-space.
- Return the unmatched tablets to the stack.
- Repeat this process until all the tablet have been matched.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
the Ability of the child to discriminate temperature.
Variations and Extensions
Make Your Own
Where to Buy
- Basic Montessori: Learning Activities for Under-fives by David Gettman, pages 108-119