Addition With the Stamp Game
|Welcome to Montessori Album! We've been online for over ten years (yay!), but unfortunately we've had a lot of spam accounts over time. We didn't have a good way of sorting them out...so took the extreme measure of wiping everything before November 2019.|
We're so sorry! We've setup measures to prevent such drastic action again. Please recreate your account if it doesn't work.
|Addition With the Stamp Game|
|Math - Arithmetical Operations|
|Prerequisites||Understanding of Decimal System |
Static Addition With Golden Beads
Dynamic Addition With Golden Beads
|Materials||Stamp Game set |
addition equation cards
math problem paper
divider (stick, pencil, string, or ruler)
This activity lets the child practice addition at a higher level of abstraction.
- Take the material to a table.
- Write out a problem.
- Lay out the first addend.
- Lay out the divider under the first addend.
- Lay out the second addend.
- Move the divider out of the way.
- Slide the addends together.
- Count the stamps beginning with the units.
Record the answer for each place value as the stamps are counted.
- Dynamic addition is begun the same way as static addition.
- When it is time to count the units, stop when you have counted 10.
- Stack the 10 units, and exchange them for 1 ten. Place it in the tens column.
Count the remaining units and record the answer on the paper.
- Count the tens stamps and stop when you get to 10.
- Stack the 10 tens, and exchange them for 1 hundred. Place it in the hundreds column.
Count the remaining tens and record the answer on the paper.
- Count the hundreds stamps and stop when you get to 10.
- Stack the 10 hundreds, and exchange them for 1 thousand. Place it in the thousands column.
Count the remaining hundreds and record the answer on the paper.
- Count the thousands and record the answer on the paper.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
Make Your Own
|Stamp Game tiles in color||Stamp Game tiles in black and white||Math Problem Paper|
Where to Buy
Prices and links last checked: 14 May 2020
Absorbent Montessori $47.00
Affordable Montessori $33.00
E & O $48.00
Kid Advance $27.99
Material Company of Boston $48.00
Montessori Outlet $32.95