Blank Subtraction Chart
|Blank Subtraction Chart|
|Math - Memory Work|
This activity allows the child to work on memorization of subtraction facts.
- Lay out the material as shown.
- Organize the number tiles into columns as shown
- Draw a problem slip.
- Set it above the board and think of the answer.
- Find the answer tile and place it next to the problem slip.
- Place the index finger of the right hand on the red number in the chart corresponding to the first number of the problem.
Place the index finger of the left hand on the blue number in the chart corresponding to the second number of the problem.
- Slide the right finger down to the same row as the left finger.
- Slide the left finger over to meet the right.
- Hold your place with the left finger and get the answer tile with the right hand.
- Place the answer tile on the chart. Set the problem slip to the left side of the board.
- Select another problem slip and repeat the same procedure.
- Continue until all of the tiles have been place on the chart.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
Make Your Own
|Blank Subtraction Chart||Subtraction Problem Slips||Subtraction Control Chart||Subtraction Finger Chart|
Where to Buy
Sold in sets with all 3 charts.
Affordable Montessori $39.00 (framed)
Alison's $7.50 (control chart only)
Alison's $50.00 (framed)
E & O $87.00
Kid Advance $38.69 (framed)
Montessori Outlet $23.95
Thinkamajigs $129.95 (AMI)
- Teaching Montessori in the Home: The School Years by Elizabeth G. Hainstock, pages 25, 68