From Montessori Album
- Real "living" books are used instead of textbooks and workbooks.
- Instead of tests or worksheets, children describe in their own words what they learned about a topic (called "narration").
- Children are encouraged to have a personal relationship with the material studied.
- There are no forms of external motivation such as grades or rewards.
- Short lessons (10-15 minutes) in each subject area are given in the morning, and afternoons are left for free study.
- Very centered on Christianity, but can also be useful for non-Christians.
Charlotte Mason Companion by Karen Andreola