Compound Word Matching
From Montessori Album
|Welcome to Montessori Album!|
We've been online for over ten years, but unfortunately we've had a lot of spam accounts over the years. We didn't have a good way of sorting out legitimate ones...so took the extreme measure of wiping everything before November 2019. We're so sorry if you've lost your account and weren't a spammer. We've setup stronger anti-spam measures and will be monitoring more closely in the future to prevent such drastic action.
Please recreate your account if you find it no longer works. Again sorry for the strong measures! We love submissions that aren't from trolls and spammers!
|Compound Word Matching|
|Language - Word Study|
|Materials|| compound word matching cards |
In this activity the child matches pair of cards with the beginnings and ends of compound words.
This material is available to print here.
- Carry the tray to a mat or table. Place it in the upper right-hand corner.
- Lay out the cards for the first half of the words along the left edge of the table.
- Take a card with a second half of a word. Compare it to the top card with the first half of a word. Say the two halves of the word together to see if they make sense. If they don't go together, compare it to the next card, and so forth.
- Continue until a match is found.
- Repeat this process with the rest of the cards until all the compound words have been matched.
- Be sure to randomize each set of cards before putting away.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
Make Your Own
Where to Buy