Constructive Triangles - Rectangular Box
Our latest free printables are cards for the Logical Adjective Game and the Logical Adverb Game.
|Constructive Triangles - Rectangular Box|
|Sensorial - Visual Discrimination of Form|
|Materials||Rectangular Box of Constructive Triangles|
Use of this material makes the child aware that all polygons can be made with triangles. This activity prepares the child for geometry.
- Invite the child to the lesson. Name the work and show them where it is on the shelf.
- Unroll a large mat (or put two smaller mats side by side).
- Take the box of triangles to the mat.
- Lay the triangles so that the ones that go together are in columns.
- Slide down the bottom triangle for the first shape.
- Trace over the black line on it with your index and middle fingers.
- Trace the black line on the corresponding triangle.
- Slide down the second triangle so the black lines meet.
- Do the same with the other shapes.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
The black lines serve as a control of error when constructing the shapes.
Variations and Extensions
Make Your Own
Printable version available to buy here:
Constructive Triangles - $4.50
Where to Buy
Prices and links checked: 07 October 2020
|Set of 5 Constructive Triangle Boxes|
|E & O||$130.50|
|Materials Co. of Boston||$230.00|
- Basic Montessori: Learning Activities for Under-fives by David Gettman, pages 88-90