Containers and Lids
From Montessori Album
Our latest free printables are cards for the Logical Adjective Game and the Logical Adverb Game.
|Containers and Lids|
|Practical Life - Fine Motor Skills|
|Materials||small containers with lids |
basket or tray
In this activity the child practices opening and closing containers with a variety of lids.
- Take the basket to a mat or table. Place it in the upper right corner.
- Lay out the containers along the left edge of the rug.
- Take the first container and remove the lid.
- Set the container back in the same spot, set its lid to the right of it.
- Open the other containers.
- Put the lids back on starting with the first one.
- Continue until all of the lids have been replaced.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
- Practice opening and closing a ziplock bag.
- The containers in the basket could start with the lids off, and the child would have to figure out which lid went with each container.
- The lids could be mixed up after taking them off and then matched to put them back on.
- The containers could be hiding small objects inside:
Source: Leptir Montessori Blog
- Teaching Montessori in the Home: The Pre-School Years by Elizabeth G. Hainstock, page 40
- Teach Me to Do It Myself by Maja Pitamic, pages 36-37