From Montessori Album
|Welcome to Montessori Album!|
We've been online for over ten years, but unfortunately we've had a lot of spam accounts over the years. We didn't have a good way of sorting out legitimate ones...so took the extreme measure of wiping everything before November 2019. We're so sorry if you've lost your account and weren't a spammer. We've setup stronger anti-spam measures and will be monitoring more closely in the future to prevent such drastic action.
Please recreate your account if you find it no longer works. Again sorry for the strong measures! We love submissions that aren't from trolls and spammers!
|Practical Life - Fine Motor Skills|
|Materials||2 bowls |
dry rice or beans
The purpose of this activity is to teach the child how to use a scoop.
- Take the material to a table. Be sure to set up with the full bowl on the left.
- Take a scoop from the full bowl.
- Move the scoop carefully over until it is over the center of the other bowl. Pour the scoop out.
- Repeat until all of the beans have been transferred to the other bowl.
Points of Interest
Carrying the grain across
Control of Error
- If the scoop is not moved carefully enough, some beans will fall onto the tray.