Edible Plant Parts
From Montessori Album
|We've updated our prices on products from many online Montessori stores! If we've missed your favorite store, please let us know!|
|Edible Plant Parts|
|Science - Botany|
|Materials||pictures of many types of vegetables, fruits, nuts, and grains|
Labels: Root, Fruit, Stem, Leaf, Seed, Flower
In this activity the child learns that the foods we eat come from different parts of plants.
- Explain to the child (or children) that the foods we eat come from many different parts of the plants.
- Lay out the labels at the top of the mat.
- Take one of the cards with a picture of a plant food.
- Ask the children which part of the plant they think the food comes from.
- Place it under the correct label.
- Continue to place the other picture cards in the same way.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
- A great way to introduce this work would be to show it with the actual plant foods at circle time.