Group Story Time
From Montessori Album
|We've updated our prices on products from many online Montessori stores! If we've missed your favorite store, please let us know!|
|Group Story Time|
|Language - Language Foundation|
|Materials||a Picture Book|
In this Circle Time activity the teacher reads a book aloud to the children.
Points of Interest
- to develop Print Awareness
- to teach about the various concepts shown in the books
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
- The adult could tell the children a story from memory.
- A parent volunteer could read a book. (Be sure to pre-screen books parents wish to read for appropriateness. Trust me, I've heard stories.)
- One of the older children in the class could read a book aloud.
Make Your Own
- Basic Montessori: Learning Activities for Under-fives by David Getttman, pages 137-139
- Montessori Read & Write by Lynne Lawrence, pages 40-41, 43-48