From Montessori Album
|We've updated our prices on products from many online Montessori stores! If we've missed your favorite store, please let us know!
|Practical Life - Grooming
|3 - 4
In this activity the child learns how to wash their hands.
- step one
- step two, etc
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
- Paper towels or cloth towels might be used (you could have a little hand towel for each child)
- Liquid soap or bar soap might be used
- Please, do not do the traditional hand washing lesson with basin and the pitcher. The point of this is to teach the child how to do a practical activity that comes up in their daily life.
The only time you might consider doing the traditional hand washing activity is if you are doing a unit study on life 120 years or so ago. (Little House books, or Anne of Green Gables, etc.)
- Teaching Montessori in the Home: The Pre-School Years by Elizabeth G. Hainstock, page 32
- Teach Me to Do It Myself by Maja Pitamic, pages 14-15