From Montessori Album
Our latest free printables are cards for the Logical Adjective Game and the Logical Adverb Game.
|Math - Linear Counting|
|Age||4.5 - 5|
|Prerequisites||Teens Board |
Association of Beads and Cards
|Materials||hundred chain |
labels for hundred chain
pointer for counting
This activity teaches the child skip counting which is preparation for multiplication. It also indirectly prepares the child to understand squaring numbers.
- Carry the hundred chain to a long mat with two hands.
- Bring the hundred square to the mat. Sort the labels into columns by place value.
- Fold the hundred chain into a square as shown. Compare it to the hundred square.
- Set the hundred square on top to show that they are the same.
- Unfold the chain and begin counting, adding labels as you go.
- The first ten beads each get a label.
- After that, a label is placed at the end of each segment.
Points of Interest
counting the beads
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
Make Your Own
Where to Buy
Prices and links checked: 07 October 2020
- The Advanced Montessori Method: The Montessori Elementary Material by Maria Montessori, pages 208-210