Living / Non-living Sorting
Our latest free printables are cards for the Logical Adjective Game and the Logical Adverb Game.
|Living Non-living Sorting|
|Science - Biology|
|Materials||labels: "Living" & "Non-Living" |
pictures or models of living things
pictures or models of non-living things
In this activity the child sorts items based on whether they represent living or non-living things. The purpose is to teach the child the difference between living and non-living things.
Explain to the child or group of children the attributes of living things:
- They use energy
- They grow and develop
- They reproduce
- They respond to their environments
- They adapt and evolve
- Take the material to a mat or table.
- Set all items into the center cup.
- Select one item at a time.
- Place it into the living or non-living cup.
- Continue until all items are sorted.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
Include once-living things
You could use either pictures or models for this lesson.