Logical Adjective Game
From Montessori Album
Our latest free printables are cards for the Logical Adjective Game and the Logical Adverb Game.
|Logical Adjective Game|
|Language - Grammar|
|Materials||cards with adjectives written in blue |
cards with nouns written in black
Grammar Symbols set
In this activity the child matches cards with adjectives to cards with nouns in ways that make sense. There is more than one correct way to match up the cards.
- Take the material to a mat or table.
- Take the noun cards and read them as you line them up in the middle of the workspace.
- Take the first adjective card and read it. Hold it to the left of the first noun card to see if it makes sense.
- If it doesn't make sense, move the adjective down until you find one you like.
- Continue matching adjective to nouns until you are out of cards.
- Add the appropriate grammar symbols.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
- On another occasion the child can choose a noun and then go through the adjectives to see how many work with the noun and make sense.
- Use the cards from the game Apples to Apples to do this activity, or just play the game.
Make Your Own
Where to Buy
see Grammar Symbols
- Teaching Montessori in the Home: The School Years by Elizabeth G. Hainstock, pages 140-141