Montessori: The Science Behind the Genius
From Montessori Album
|We've updated our prices on products from many online Montessori stores! If we've missed your favorite store, please let us know!|
|Montessori: The Science Behind the Genius|
|Author||Angeline Stoll Lillard|
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Publication date||May 1, 2007|
This book discusses how many of Maria Montessori's ideas have been supported by recent scientific research.
- An Answer to the Crisis in Education
- The Impact of Movement on Learning and Cognition
- Choice and Perceived Control
- Interest in Human Learning
- Extrinsic Rewards and Motivation
- Learning from Peers
- Meaningful Contexts for Learning
- Adult Interaction Styles and Child Outcomes
- Order in Environment and Mind
- Education for Children
A limited preview of portions of this book is available from Google Books.
The first chapter of the book is available from montessori-science.org.
Where to Buy