From Montessori Album
|We've updated our prices on products from many online Montessori stores! If we've missed your favorite store, please let us know!|
|Math - Memory Work|
|Materials||multiplication board |
box of 100 red beads
cards with numbers 1-10
small red circle
This activity helps the child with comprehension of and memorization of multiplication facts.
- Carry the material to a table or a mat and set up as shown below. If at a mat, the child will need a clipboard under the paper.
- Choose one of the little number cards (4 is shown) and slide into the slot on the side.
Move the red marker to cover the 1 at the top. Put four beads in the first column (4×1=4). Write the problem and answer on the paper.
- Move the red red marker to cover the 2. Put four beads in the second column.
Explain that to count the total beads we can start with the last number we ended on (4) and count up. Write the problem and answer on the paper.
- Do the rest of the multiplication table of four in the same way.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
- problems could be done in random order
Make Your Own
Where to Buy
Prices and links checked: 23 January 2022
- The Advanced Montessori Method: The Montessori Elementary Material by Maria Montessori, pages 217-220
- Teaching Montessori in the Home: The School Years by Elizabeth G. Hainstock, page 63