Multiplication Finger Chart 2
|Welcome to Montessori Album! We've been online for over ten years (yay!), but unfortunately we've had a lot of spam accounts over time. We didn't have a good way of sorting them out...so took the extreme measure of wiping everything before November 2019.|
We're so sorry! We've setup measures to prevent such drastic action again. Please recreate your account if it doesn't work.
|Multiplication Finger Chart 2|
|Math - Memory Work|
|Prerequisites||Multiplication Finger Chart 1|
|Materials|| Multiplication Finger Chart 2 |
multiplication problem slips
This material helps the child with memorization of multiplication facts.
- Compare Multiplication Finger Chart 2 with Multiplication Finger Chart 1. Show that they are similar, but chart 2 has part missing.
- Put away Multiplication Finger Chart 1, and bring out the paper, pencil, and problem slips.
- Draw a problem slip and copy it onto the paper.
- Put your right finger on the smaller of the two numbers from the problem. Put your left finger on the larger one.
- Slide your right finger over to the last number on its row.
- Slide your right finger down to the same row as the left finger.
- Slide your left finger over to meet the right.
- Open your fingers to reveal the answer.
- Write the answer on the paper.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
- The child could also roll two ten-sided dice to create a multiplication problem.
Make Your Own
|Multiplication Finger Chart 2||Multiplication Problem Slips (print on yellow card stock)|
Where to Buy
Sold in sets with all 5 charts.
Affordable Montessori $49.00 (framed)
Alison's $7.50 (control chart only)
E & O $89.00
Kid Advance $44.99 (framed)
Montessori Outlet $23.95
Thinkamajigs $134.95 (AMI)