Multiplication With the Stamp Game
|We've updated our prices on products from many online Montessori stores! If we've missed your favorite store, please let us know!|
|Multiplication With the Stamp Game|
|Math - Arithmetical Operations|
|Prerequisites||Addition With the Stamp Game|
|Materials||Stamp Game set |
math problem paper
divider (string, stick, or ruler)
This activity teaches the child to do multiplication at a higher level of abstraction than with the Golden Beads.
- Take the materials to a table. (A very smooth mat might also be acceptable.)
- Select a problem and write it on the paper. In this case: 2432 × 4
- Lay out the number four times, moving the divider down each time.
- Slide the stamps in each column together.
- Then count and record the units (exchanging if needed).
- Count the tens (exchanging for a hundred if needed.)
- Record the tens left on the paper.
- Then count and record the hundreds (exchanging if needed).
- Then count and record the thousands (exchanging if needed).
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
A standard stamp game set includes 81 unit stamps, 81 ten stamps, 81 hundred stamps, 18 thousand stamps, 9 unit skittles, 9 ten skittles, 9 hundred skittles, 1 thousand skittle, 9 green circles, 9 blue circles, and 9 red circles.
Make Your Own
|Stamp Game tiles in color||Stamp Game tiles in black and white||Math Problem Paper|
Where to Buy
Prices and links checked: 23 January 2022
(Amazon/Bookshop are affiliate links, which help cover costs of running the site.)
|Introduction to the Stamp Game|
|E & O||$44.10|
|Material Company of Boston||$48.00|