Parts of an Animal Puzzles
From Montessori Album
|Parts of an Animal Puzzles|
|Science - Zoology|
In this activity the child learns about the body parts of animals by taking apart and reassembling puzzles of the animals.
- Take the animal puzzle and the control picture to a work mat (two mats may be needed depending on the size)
- Put the puzzle on the left and the control map on the right.
- Remove the pieces one at a time from the puzzle and place them on the corresponding spot on the control mat OR on the work mat.
- After all the pieces have been removed, carefully replace them back in the puzzle
Points of Interest
- The shape of each body part.
- The name of each body part.
Control of Error
- Control picture
Variations and Extensions
- Trace the control picture on the window or light table.
- Trace each individual piece with pencil on paper.
- Label each body part.
- Create an animal part nomenclature book.
Where to Buy
- Basic Montessori: Learning Activities for Under-fives by David Gettman, pages 197-197