From Montessori Album
Our latest free printables are cards for the Logical Adjective Game and the Logical Adverb Game.
|Language - Language Foundation|
|Prerequisites||Object to Picture Matching|
|Materials||pairs of matching picture cards |
small basket or tray
In this activity the child matches cards with identical pictures.
- Carry the tray to a mat. Place it in the upper right corner.
- Take one set of cards and line them up along the left side of the mat. If there are a large number of cards, use two columns.
- Take a card from the second stack. Compare it to the first card already on the mat. If they don't match compare it to the next card, and so forth.
- Continue until a match is found.
- Repeat this process with the rest of the cards until all the pictures have been matched.
- When putting the work away, be sure to randomize the cards within each set.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
- Marks to check the work could be put on the backs of the cards.
Source: Leptir Montessori Blog
Variations and Extensions
- Play "memory" with the cards. (This only works if there are no control markings on the back.)
- Versions of this material could be used in other subject areas. Pictures of plants or animals to match could go on the science shelves. Pictures of famous works of art could also be appropriately placed on the art shelves.
- Both sets of cards could be mixed into one stack. You would begin by laying out the first card. Then you would take the next card and compare it to the first. If they match, you leave it next to the first card. If not, place the card below the first. Each next card drawn would be compared to each card laid out that does not yet have a match.
Make Your Own
Printable picture matching cards (print two copies of each you wish to use):