Placing Animals in Their Biomes
From Montessori Album
|We've updated our prices on products from many online Montessori stores! If we've missed your favorite store, please let us know!|
|Placing Animals in Their Biomes|
|Science - Zoology|
|Materials||pictures or models of animals|
backgrounds showing desert, jungle, tundra, etc.
basket for animals
In this activity lays out pictures showing different environments in which animals live, then they place the animals in their homes. This activity helps the child learn that different animals live in different types of environments.
- Discuss how different animals have evolved to live in different biomes.
- Lay out the backgrounds on a mat.
- Place the animals on the picture of the correct biome.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
- Color-coded dots could be put on the backs of the cards.
Variations and Extensions
- Draw the animals in their biomes
- Do the activity with plants of different biomes
Make Your Own
- Basic Montessori: Learning Activities for Under-fives by David Gettman, pages 195-197