From Montessori Album
Our latest free printables are cards for the Logical Adjective Game and the Logical Adverb Game.
|Art - Creating Art|
|Materials||sheet of paper |
dark crayon with paper removed
1 or more flat, textured objects
small container for objects
In this activity the child makes crayon rubbings of textured objects.
- Invite the child to the lesson. Show them where the work is on the shelf and name the work.
- Take the material to a mat or table. You may wish to use a smooth placemat underneath to protect the table.
- Place the paper on the table.
- Position an object underneath the paper.
- Rub the paper with the side of the crayon over where the object is.
- Do the same with other objects under the paper if desired.
Points of Interest
- Seeing the hidden object appear
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
- Many different objects could be used under the paper:
- leaves, lace, buttons, coins, fabric, paperclips, wire mesh
- Rubbings could be done of things outside that can't be moved:
- tree bark, stone carved letters
- Crayon rubbing plates could be used
- More than one color of crayon could be used