From Montessori Album
|Language - Reading|
|Prerequisites||Bridge to Reading|
|Materials||slips of paper with a word written on each |
small basket or box
In this activity the child reads words written on slips of paper.
- Carry the material to a mat or table.
- Draw a word from the container.
- Read the word.
- Set the word to the side and draw another to read. Continue as long as the child shows interest.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
- The words in the Secret Messages box should be changed out on a regular basis to keep the child interested
Make Your Own
- Origami paper can be cut into strips for secret messages
- Teaching Montessori in the Home: The School Years by Elizabeth G. Hainstock, page 132