Small Bead Frame
From Montessori Album
|We've updated our prices on products from many online Montessori stores! If we've missed your favorite store, please let us know!|
|Small Bead Frame|
|Math - Passage to Abstraction|
|Age||5.5 - 6|
|Prerequisites||Addition With the Stamp Game|
Subtraction With the Stamp Game
Multiplication With the Stamp Game
Division With the Stamp Game
|Materials||Small Bead Frame|
small bead frame paper
This activity teaches the child the basics of addition abstraction.
- Compare the beads on the frame to the stamps in the Stamp Game.
- Count the unit beads aloud as you slide them over to the right one at a time.
- Slide 10 units back to the left. "10 units is the same as 1 ten." Slide 1 ten bead to the right.
Continue counting tens ("1 ten, 2 tens,...") and then exchange for a hundred bead. Do the same through the thousands.
- step one
- step two, etc.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
Where to Buy
Prices and links checked: 23 January 2022
- The Advanced Montessori Method: The Montessori Elementary Material by Maria Montessori, pages 210-215
- Montessori Mathematics and RightStart Mathematics by Joan Cotter (article) addresses problems with the design of the Montessori bead frames