|Language - Language Foundation|
|Prerequisites||Using a Mat|
|Materials||picture cards that tell a story |
This activity teaches the child to form a story by ordering the picture cards.
- Take the cards to a mat or table.
- Lay them out at the top of the mat in mixed up order.
- Ask the child, "Which one do you think comes first?" Move that card down to the bottom of the mat.
- Ask, "Which one do you think comes next?" Move that card down to the right of the first.
- Ask, "Which one do you think comes next?" Move that card down to the right of the second.
- Ask, "Which one do you think comes last?" Put that card at the end.
- Review the order of the cards to be sure it makes sense.
- Mix the cards up before putting the work away.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
Make Your Own
- Some comic strips might be appropriate to be cut apart and used for this lesson.
Where to Buy
Prices and links last checked: 14 July 2020
3 Card Stories
Lakeshore $14.99 (16 sets)
6 Card Stories
Lakeshore $14.99 (8 sets)
Mixed Numbers of Cards in Sets
Lakeshore $39.99 (combines three sets above)