From Montessori Album
|We've updated our prices on products from many online Montessori stores! If we've missed your favorite store, please let us know!|
|Math - Linear Counting|
This activity teaches the child about the names of the numerals 11-19.
- step one
- step two
- step three
- step four
- step five
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Knowledge of the child himself. The matching of the count and the number, or numeral.
Variations and Extensions
Make Your Own
- An easy alternative would be to simply make a set of cards just like those used for the work with the Golden Beads, only for this set you would need nine "10" cards plus the unit cards 1-9.
- These could be made out of poster board:
- (For a detailed description of how this was done, see A Handmade Childhood.)
- These were made from strips of masonite with strips of wooden dowels used for dividers. The numbers were printed on self adhesive paper and then stuck on.
- Source: Maybe Montessori
Where to Buy
Prices and links checked: 23 January 2022
|Set of both Seguin boards|
|E & O
- Basic Montessori: Learning Activities for Under-fives by David Gettman, pages 177-179
- Teaching Montessori in the Home: The School Years by Elizabeth G. Hainstock, pages 21, 52-53