From Montessori Album
Our latest free printables are cards for the Logical Adjective Game and the Logical Adverb Game.
|Math - Linear Counting|
|Age||4.5 - 5|
|Materials||Tens Boards |
number cards 1-9
9 ten bars
9 unit beads
bowl for units
Also called Seguin Board 2, or Seguin Board B.
This activity teaches the child tens units.
- Lay out the material on a mat as shown.
- Point to the number 10 on the board.
- Place a ten bar to the right.
- step four
- step five
- step six
- step seven
- step eight
- step nine
- step ten
- step eleven
- Continue as long as the child shows interest.
Points of Interest
- sliding the cards into the slots
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
Make Your Own
- An easy alternative would be to simply make a set of cards just like those used for the work with the Golden Beads, only for this set you would need a set of "tens" cards plus a set of "units" cards.
- These were made from strips of masonite with strips of wooden dowels used for dividers. The numbers were printed on self adhesive paper and then stuck on.
- Source: Maybe Montessori
Where to Buy
Prices and links checked: 07 October 2020
|Montessori N' Such||$25.00|
|Montessori N' Such||$3.95|
individual nylon beads
- Basic Montessori: Learning Activities for Under-fives by David Gettman, pages 179-181
- Teaching Montessori in the Home: The School Years by Elizabeth G. Hainstock, pages 21, 54-56