The Kindergarten Guide, Volume 2: The Occupations
From Montessori Album
|Welcome to Montessori Album! We've been online for over ten years (yay!), but unfortunately we've had a lot of spam accounts over time. We didn't have a good way of sorting them out...so took the extreme measure of wiping everything before November 2019.|
We're so sorry! We've setup measures to prevent such drastic action again. Please recreate your account if it doesn't work.
|The Kindergarten Guide, Volume 2: The Occupations|
|Author||by Maria Kraus-Boelté & John Kraus|
|Publisher||E. Steiger & Co.|
This book introduced Froebel's concept of Kindergarten to America.
It describes the activities designed by Froebel to be taught in Kindergarten.
- The First Occupation: Perforating
- The Second Occupation: Sewing Out
- The Third Occupation: Drawing
- The Fourth Occupation: Coloring and Painting
- The Fifth Occupation: Paper-Interlacing
- The Sixth Occupation: Mat-Weaving
- The Seventh Occupation: Paper-Folding
- The Eighth Occupation: Paper-Cutting and Mounting, free-Cutting, Silhouetting
- The Ninth Occupation: Pea-Work (like marshmallow and toothpick work)
- The Tenth Occupation: Cardboard-Modeling
- The Eleventh Occupation: Modeling in Clay
This book is in the public domain. The full text is available from a few places: