A Montessori Mother
From Montessori Album
|We've updated our prices on products from many online Montessori stores! If we've missed your favorite store, please let us know!|
|Author||Dorothy Canfield Fisher|
|Publisher||Henry Holt and Company|
This book played a key role in introducing Montessori education to the Unites States in the early 20th century.
- Some Introductory Remarks About Parents
- A Day in a Casa dei Bambini
- More About What Happens in a Casa dei Bambini
- Something About the Apparatus and About the Theory Underlying It
- Description of the Rest of the Apparatus and the Method for Writing and Reading
- Some General Remarks About the Montessori Apparatus in the American Home
- The Possibility of American Adaptations of, or Additions to, the Montessori Apparatus
- Some Remarks on the Philosophy of the System
- Application of This Philosophy to American Home Life
- Some Considerations on the Nature of "Discipline"
- More About Discipline in the Way of a Universal Adoption of the Montessori Ideas
- Is There Any Real Difference Between the Montessori and the Kindergarten?
- Moral Training
- Dr. Montessori's Life and the Origin of the Casa dei Bambini
- Some Last Remarks
This book is in the Public Domain.
You can read it online for free here: