Asking to Watch a Work
From Montessori Album
Revision as of 15:20, 28 September 2013 by Hgracerutledge (Created page with "# Invite the child, "I would like to show how to ask a friend if you can watch their work." # Walk to a child who is working independently. # Gently place your hand on the chi...")
|Welcome to Montessori Album! Happy 2020!|
In addition to the free materials here, please consider my new store Phonics and Stuff at Teachers Pay Teachers for additional educational items. Thanks!
- Invite the child, "I would like to show how to ask a friend if you can watch their work."
- Walk to a child who is working independently.
- Gently place your hand on the child's shoulder and wait for him or her to look at you.
- When the child looks at you, say, "Excuse me, may I watch?"
- If the child says yes, sit down near the work rug. Run your hands along the space on the floor between you and the work rug before folding your hands behind your back.
- Watch the child's work silently, without speaking or touching.
- Say, "Thank you.", stand up carefully and walk away.