Color Box 3
From Montessori Album
|Welcome to Montessori Album! Happy 2020!|
In addition to the free materials here, please consider my new store Phonics and Stuff at Teachers Pay Teachers for additional educational items. Thanks!
|Color Box 3|
|Sensorial - Visual Discrimination of Color|
|Prerequisites||Color Box 2|
|Materials||Color Box 3 set of tablets|
Use of this material teaches the child visual discrimination of shades of color. This activity prepares the child for art activities.
- Take the box of tablets to a rug or table.
- Remove all the tablets of one color and lay them out randomly on the mat.
- Find the darkest and lightest tablets of that color. Set them next to each other to point out the difference in the extremes. Then replace them randomly back with the rest.
- Select the darkest of the tablets and place it in the top left corner of the mat. Find the next darkest and place it next to the first. Proceed in this manner until all the tiles of that color have been put in order.
- Repeat steps 2-4 with each of the other colors.
- When finished, replace the tiles back in the box in mixed up order within each color.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
A nice variation can be done at home with a large pack of markers (or crayons, or colored pencils) in which there are several shades of each color.
Source: Walk Beside Me