Compound Word Matching
From Montessori Album
|We've updated our prices on products from many online Montessori stores! If we've missed your favorite store, please let us know!|
|Compound Word Matching|
|Language - Word Study|
|Materials|| compound word matching cards |
In this activity the child matches pair of cards with the beginnings and ends of compound words.
This material is available to print here.
- Carry the tray to a mat or table. Place it in the upper right-hand corner.
- Lay out the cards for the first half of the words along the left edge of the table.
- Take a card with a second half of a word. Compare it to the top card with the first half of a word. Say the two halves of the word together to see if they make sense. If they don't go together, compare it to the next card, and so forth.
- Continue until a match is found.
- Repeat this process with the rest of the cards until all the compound words have been matched.
- Be sure to randomize each set of cards before putting away.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
Where to Buy