Our latest free printables are cards for the Logical Adjective Game and the Logical Adverb Game.
|Practical Life - Fine Motor Skills|
|Prerequisites||Carrying a Tray|
|Materials||2 small pitchers |
dry rice or beans
The purpose of this activity to teach the child how to pour dry materials. This activity also prepares the child for the Liquid Pouring activity.
- step one
- step two, etc
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
- You could use pitchers without handles:
- You could have one pitcher and a few small glasses:
- Source: Counting Coconuts
Clear glass or plastic pitchers are helpful for the child who is new to this activity because it makes it easier when the child can see through the side how much is left to pour.
Lots of material could be used to pour: rice, lentils, beans, unpopped popcorn, small dry pasta, beads, etc.
Source: Leptir Montessori Blog
- Basic Montessori: Learning Activities for Under-fives by David Gettman, pages 42-44
- Teaching Montessori in the Home: The Pre-School Years by Elizabeth G. Hainstock, pages 24-25
- Teach Me to Do It Myself by Maja Pitamic, pages 26-27