|We've updated our prices on products from many online Montessori stores! If we've missed your favorite store, please let us know!|
|Practical Life - Fine Motor Skills|
|Prerequisites||Using a Baster|
2 small glasses
The purpose of this activity is to teach the child to use an eyedropper. The activity also prepares the child for activities that require an eyedropper.
- Carry the material to a table.
- Take the dropper and put the end in the water. Squeeze the bulb until bubbles appear in the water, then release the bulb so the water will be drawn in.
- Move the dropper over the other glass and squeeze the water out.
- Repeat until all the water has been moved to the other glass.
Points of Interest
Eye Dropper, Color of the water, transferring, Water being sucked up the dropper, water being pushed out of the dropper, drip of the last drop
Control of Error
- if water drips on the tray the child will know they need to be more careful
Variations and Extensions
- The child could transfer water using a pipette.
Where to Buy
Prices and links checked: 23 January 2022
(Amazon/Bookshop are affiliate links, which help cover costs of running the site.)
|Dropper Bottle (1 oz)|
|U.S. Plastic Corp.
clear glass, dropper included
- Teaching Montessori in the Home: The Pre-School Years by Elizabeth G. Hainstock, page 41