Revision as of 16:27, 13 December 2016 by 22.214.171.124 (Created page with "== Presentation == ===Activity 1=== # Invite your student to join you at a workplace. # Introduce the sense of hearing. Ask, “What makes the sounds that our ears pick up?...")
|Welcome to Montessori Album!|
In addition to the free materials here, please consider my new store Phonics and Stuff at Teachers Pay Teachers for additional educational items. Thanks!
- Invite your student to join you at a workplace.
- Introduce the sense of hearing. Ask, “What makes the sounds that our ears pick up?” (Vibrations that travel in the air.)
- Place the bell and the jingle bracelet in front of your student and allow your student to examine the sound of each. Ask, “Which is louder?”
- Go over each item on the chart. Ask, “How does each item sound?”
- Ask, “Which sounds are similar? Which are completely different?”
- Ask, “Which sounds are louder than others? Which would you not mind hearing over and over? Which can become irritating?”
- Bring out the labeled cards and go over each one. Point to how the name of each item looks when it is written.
- Have your student make two rows – the first row is for all the labeled cards, the second is cards without the labels. Then give the labels to your student and instruct your student to place each label under the correct card.
- Put the labeled cards away. Shuffle the labels and the unlabeled cards and have your student match them up.