From Montessori Album
Revision as of 16:27, 13 December 2016 by 18.104.22.168 (Created page with "== Presentation == ===Activity 1=== # Invite your student to join you at a workplace. # Introduce the sense of hearing. Ask, “What makes the sounds that our ears pick up?...")
|Welcome to Montessori Album! We've been online for over ten years (yay!), but unfortunately we've had a lot of spam accounts over time. We didn't have a good way of sorting them out...so took the extreme measure of wiping everything before November 2019.|
We're so sorry! We've setup measures to prevent such drastic action again. Please recreate your account if it doesn't work.
- Invite your student to join you at a workplace.
- Introduce the sense of hearing. Ask, “What makes the sounds that our ears pick up?” (Vibrations that travel in the air.)
- Place the bell and the jingle bracelet in front of your student and allow your student to examine the sound of each. Ask, “Which is louder?”
- Go over each item on the chart. Ask, “How does each item sound?”
- Ask, “Which sounds are similar? Which are completely different?”
- Ask, “Which sounds are louder than others? Which would you not mind hearing over and over? Which can become irritating?”
- Bring out the labeled cards and go over each one. Point to how the name of each item looks when it is written.
- Have your student make two rows – the first row is for all the labeled cards, the second is cards without the labels. Then give the labels to your student and instruct your student to place each label under the correct card.
- Put the labeled cards away. Shuffle the labels and the unlabeled cards and have your student match them up.