Getting the Teacher's Attention
From Montessori Album
|Welcome to Montessori Album! Happy 2020!|
In addition to the free materials here, please consider my new store Phonics and Stuff at Teachers Pay Teachers for additional educational items. Thanks!
|Getting the Teacher's Attention|
|Practical Life - Grace and Courtesy|
The purpose of this activity is to show the the child how to politely get the attention of a teacher who is working with another child.
- Invite the child: "I would like to show you how to wait for the teacher."
- Approach an adult who is working individually or with a child.
- Place your hand gently on the adult's shoulder and wait until he or she turns to look at you.
- Say, "Excuse me, may I....": demonstrate asking a question.
- Listen carefully to the adult's response.
- Say, "Thank you." before you turn and walk away.
Points of Interest
- Getting an adult's attention in a reliable, quiet way
Control of Error
If teacher gives attention
Variations and Extensions
- Show the child how to wait for a peer who is working.