Logical Adjective Game
From Montessori Album
|Welcome to Montessori Album!|
In addition to the free materials here, please consider my new store Phonics and Stuff at Teachers Pay Teachers for additional educational items. Thanks!
|Logical Adjective Game|
|Language - Grammar|
|Materials||cards with adjectives written in blue |
cards with nouns written in black
Grammar Symbols set
In this activity the child matches cards with adjectives to cards with nouns in ways that make sense. There is more than one correct way to match up the cards.
- Take the material to a mat or table.
- Take the noun cards and read them as you line them up in the middle of the workspace.
- Take the first adjective card and read it. Hold it to the left of the first noun card to see if it makes sense.
- If it doesn't make sense, move the adjective down until you find one you like.
- Continue matching adjective to nouns until you are out of cards.
- Add the appropriate grammar symbols.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
- On another occasion the child can choose a noun and then go through the adjectives to see how many work with the noun and make sense.
- Use the cards from the game Apples to Apples to do this activity, or just play the game.
Make Your Own
Cards can be cut from card-stock in the appropriate color and words written with white a gel-pen (a white-out pen did not work nearly as well).
1.5 inches by 2.5 inches is an okay size. Larger is fine. It doesn't really matter that much as long as they are all the same.
Where to Buy
see Grammar Symbols