Object to Object Matching
From Montessori Album
|We've updated our prices on products from many online Montessori stores! If we've missed your favorite store, please let us know!
|Object to Object Matching
|Language - Language Foundation
|Using a Mat
|pairs of objects
In this activity the child matches pairs of objects.
- Carry the basket to a mat. Place it in the upper right corner.
- Remove all of the objects and place them randomly on the mat.
- Select an object and place it in the upper left corner of the mat.
- Select another object and hold it next to the first to see if they match.
- If they do not match, place it below the first object.
- If they do match, place the object next to the first.
- Continue in the way until all of the objects have been matched.
Points of Interest
- The objects used in matching should be beautiful and interesting to entice the child to do the work.
- The objects should should be changed out regularly (perhaps once a month) to give the children incentive to do revisit the work.
- The objects can go along with a monthly theme or unit study.
Control of Error
- There are only two of each object.
Variations and Extensions
Make Your Own