From Montessori Album
|Welcome to Montessori Album! We've been online for over ten years (yay!), but unfortunately we've had a lot of spam accounts over time. We didn't have a good way of sorting them out...so took the extreme measure of wiping everything before November 2019.|
We're so sorry! We've setup measures to prevent such drastic action again. Please recreate your account if it doesn't work.
|Language - Language Foundation|
|Prerequisites||Using a Mat|
|Materials||picture cards that tell a story |
In this activity the child puts picture cards in order to form a story.
- Take the cards to a mat or table.
- Lay them out at the top of the mat in mixed up order.
- Ask the child, "Which one do you think comes first?" Move that card down to the bottom of the mat.
- Ask, "Which one do you think comes next?" Move that card down to the right of the first.
- Ask, "Which one do you think comes next?" Move that card down to the right of the second.
- Ask, "Which one do you think comes last?" Put that card at the end.
- Review the order of the cards to be sure it makes sense.
- Mix the cards up before putting the work away.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
Make Your Own
- Some comic strips might be appropriate to be cut apart and used for this lesson.
santa clause ridding a sledge santa delivering gifts