From Montessori Album
|Welcome to Montessori Album!|
In addition to the free materials here, please consider my new store Phonics and Stuff at Teachers Pay Teachers for additional educational items. Thanks!
|Language - Language Foundation|
|Prerequisites||Using a Mat|
|Materials||picture cards that tell a story |
In this activity the child puts picture cards in order to form a story.
- Take the cards to a mat or table.
- Lay them out at the top of the mat in mixed up order.
- Ask the child, "Which one do you think comes first?" Move that card down to the bottom of the mat.
- Ask, "Which one do you think comes next?" Move that card down to the right of the first.
- Ask, "Which one do you think comes next?" Move that card down to the right of the second.
- Ask, "Which one do you think comes last?" Put that card at the end.
- Review the order of the cards to be sure it makes sense.
- Mix the cards up before putting the work away.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
Make Your Own
- Some comic strips might be appropriate to be cut apart and used for this lesson.