Addition With the Stamp Game
|Addition With the Stamp Game|
|Math - Arithmetical Operations|
|Prerequisites||Understanding of Decimal System |
Static Addition With Golden Beads
Dynamic Addition With Golden Beads
|Materials||Stamp Game set |
addition equation cards
math problem paper
divider (stick, pencil, string, or ruler)
This activity lets the child practice addition at a higher level of abstraction.
- Take the material to a table.
- Write out a problem.
- Lay out the first addend.
- Lay out the divider under the first addend.
- Lay out the second addend.
- Move the divider out of the way.
- Slide the addends together.
- Count the stamps beginning with the units.
Record the answer for each place value as the stamps are counted.
- Dynamic addition is begun the same way as static addition.
- When it is time to count the units, stop when you have counted 10.
- Stack the 10 units, and exchange them for 1 ten. Place it in the tens column.
Count the remaining units and record the answer on the paper.
- Count the tens stamps and stop when you get to 10.
- Stack the 10 tens, and exchange them for 1 hundred. Place it in the hundreds column.
Count the remaining tens and record the answer on the paper.
- Count the hundreds stamps and stop when you get to 10.
- Stack the 10 hundreds, and exchange them for 1 thousand. Place it in the thousands column.
Count the remaining hundreds and record the answer on the paper.
- Count the thousands and record the answer on the paper.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
Make Your Own
|Stamp Game tiles in color||Stamp Game tiles in black and white||Math Problem Paper|
Where to Buy
Absorbent Montessori $47.00
Affordable Montessori $29.00
E & O $48.00
ETC Montessori $89.00
Juliana Group $117.18
Jump Start $14.24
Material Company of Boston $78.00
Montessori Concepts $22.00
Montessori N' Such $50.00
Montessori Outlet $26.95
Montessori Stores $98.00