Color Box 2
|Color Box 2|
|Sensorial - Visual Discrimination of Color|
|Prerequisites||Color Box 1|
|Materials||Color Box 2 set of tablets|
Use of this material teaches the child visual discrimination of the primary colors, secondary colors, and pink, brown, black, white, and gray. This activity prepares the child to use Color Box 3.
- Take the box of tablets to a rug or table.
- Hold the tablets by the edges as shown.
- Remove all the tablets and lay them out randomly on the mat.
- Select one tile and place it in the upper left corner.
- Find the tablet of the same color and put it next to the first.
- Continue until all the tablets have been matched.
- When finished, replace the tiles back in the box in mixed up order.
Segment on Color Box 2 begins at 9:45.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
Make Your Own
- The tablets could be made by wrapping and gluing paper cut from paint samples around this pieces of wood:
- (For a more detailed description of how this was done see A Handmade Childhood.)
Where to Buy
Absorbent Montessori $22.00
Affordable Montessori $19.00 (plastic)
Affordable Montessori $24.00 (wood)
Alison's $38.00 (premium)
Best Montessori Toys $26.90
E & O $38.00
ETC Montessori $45.00
Hello Wood $69.00
Jump Start $19.95
Kid Advance $16.99
Materials Company of Boston $34.00
Montessori Buy $17.07
Montessori Concepts $13.00
Montessori Education Supplies $16.50
Montessori Land $23.00
Montessori Outlet $16.95
Montessori Stores $39.00
Meroco Montessori $20.7 (Color Tablet Box 2)
- Basic Montessori: Learning Activities for Under-fives by David Gettman, pages 80-84
- Teaching Montessori in the Home: The Pre-School Years by Elizabeth G. Hainstock, pages 61, 94