From Montessori Album
|Language - Writing|
|Prerequisites||Sandpaper Letters |
|Materials||fine sand or salt |
tray of a contrasting color
This activity allows the child to practice forming written letters.
- Step one
- Step two
- Step three
 Points of Interest
 Control of Error
 Variations and Extensions
- A chopstick or other tool could be used to practice with the sand tray.
 Make Your Own
- This sand tray was made from a shadow box:
- Source: What DID We Do All Day?
- Salt can be used instead of sand:
- Source: A Handmade Childhood
- This was a zen sand garden purchased from a dollar store: