Subtraction With Strip Board
From Montessori Album
|Subtraction With Strip Board|
|Math - Memory Work|
This activity gives the child practice figuring out and memorizing subtraction facts.
- Take the material to a mat or table. Lay out as shown.
- The first page should have just one problem: 18-9=
- The next page should have two problems: 17-9= and 17-8=
- Take the 9 strip and cover up the numbers starting from the end. The last visible number is the answer.
- Then take the 8 strip and cover up the numbers starting from the end. The last visible number is the answer.
- next step
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
Where to Buy
Hello Wood $59.00 (variation on the traditional material)